Often as part of the instructions for an assignment the tutor will ask you to take photos of your process and to upload into the assigmment.
As the assignment upload control only allows students to upload a single file, there are a several ways you can go about this.
- Compressing your image files
- Create zip file online
- Sharing files through Dropbox or Google Drive
Compressing your image files on your device
You can upload the different stages of your assignment by compressing 3-5 images of different stages of your work into a single zip file. If you are unsure how to do this, follow the instructions below. Please note your final zip folder should not be more than 100 MB in size.
iPhone or iPad
- Open the Files app, then choose a location like On My iPhone or iCloud Drive where you image are stored
- Tap Select, then choose all images you want to include in the assignment
- Tap the more button in the lower right.
- Tap Compress. A ZIP archive named Archive.zip will be saved.
- To change its name, touch and hold on the ZIP archive, then select Rename
- Put all your images into a single folder on your Mac
- Control-click on the folder containing your images or tap the folder using two fingers, then choose
- Compress from the shortcut menu. A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.
- To rename it select the zip folder and then press Return key, you can now enter a new name
- Put all your images into a single folder on your Windows PC
- Right-click the folder, select Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder. A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.
- To rename it right-click the folder, select Rename, and then type the new name.
Here is a video showing how to create a zip file with several images on Windows 10.
Tip - you can make this video bigger by clicking the full screen icon
Create zip file online
There are free online tools to create zip files. One is - https://www.countingcharacters.com/zip-file-online
This website lets you upload your images or files and then you can download a zip file by clicking the 'Make ZIP and Download' button.
Sharing files on Dropbox or Google Drive
There are many cloud services that make it easy to store and share files. Here are links to instructions on how to share a link to a folder of files on some of the most popular of these services:
In each case, you are looking to share the link to the folder. Please create a simple document and paste this link into it. This is the file you will upload to the assignment. When you tutor receives this she/he will be able to follow the link to your files.