To prepare for your mentoring clinic scheduled session you will be provided a link to a 'pre-session preparation' form. This will provide you the opportunity to submit work you want to discuss in your scheduled call and provide some context for your practice which will help you get the most from your scheduled session.
To get the most from your scheduled call, we recommend spending time on this step. Remember, the mentor may not be familiar with your practice, so this is the opportunity to let them know about your practice and influences.
Please ensure you submit your pre-session preparation at least 2 days before your scheduled session.
The structure of the pre-session preparation form may vary from one mentoring clinic to another, however in general you can expect to be asked to:
- Submit examples of your work which you want to discuss in your call
- Write something about your practice in your influences. If you have an artist website or Instagram page, this is a good place to add these links
- Write about what aspects of your work and practice you would like to address in the scheduled call. Providing this detail here, gives the mentor time to think about how they may address these topics
- Write about your short and long term goals
Please ensure you complete all of the form and click submit, otherwise your material will not get sent.
Overall, please aware that to some degree the success of your engagement with the mentor will depend on the quality of the information you provide in this step. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the mentor and ask yourself what information they would like to see in advance of the scheduled call so that the it can be a success.
What if I need to upload more than 4 images for my scheduled session?
You have a couple of options here:
- You can add several images to a Word or Pages document file and upload this
- You can add several images to a zip file and upload this
- You can submit the 'pre-session preparation' form more than once, adding other images separately