Normally, navigating away from the live classroom will cause you to leave the classroom and lose video and audio connection to what is happening in the live classroom. Of course, you can always return to the classroom at any time during a live session. But sometimes you may want to navigate away from a live classroom to browse lesson content in the course player or do some other tasks on your device, but keep the live classroom open at the same time so that you can continue to follow what is happening. For 'power users' who want to multi-task in this way, this guide is for you!
- When inside the live classroom click on the 'picture in picture' icon as shown below in figure 1
Figure 1 - activating 'picture in picture' mode
- When you do this for the first time, you will be greeted with a window like that shown below in figure 2, click the 'Start Picture in Picture' button
Figure 2 - information screen
- The live classroom will at this point 'pop out' into its own independent window, which you can drag and reposition to anywhere on your screen as shown in Figure 3 below
Figure 3 - the floating 'picture in picture' window
- While keeping the original browser tab open, open a new browser tab and go to https://www.biglook.art/ and navigate back to the course player
- Congratulations you should now be able to browse lesson content while keeping an eye and ear on the live classroom and multi-task away as shown in Figure 4 below
Figure 4 - multi-tasking between the live classroom and lesson content
- If you would like to 'pop back in' the live classroom and return to your original browser tab, hover over the floating window with your mouse or trackpad to reveal this option as shown below in Figure 5. Note that you also have options to control your own video and audio
Figure 5 - 'Picture in picture' options
Some points to keep in mind:
- Do not close the original browser tab in the first step, doing do will close the floating 'picture in picture' window
- Bear in mind that while you are multi-tasking others in the live classroom may still be able to see and hear you. You can control this using the options in the floating window as described above
- It is not advisable to keep multi-task between the live classroom and a video demo with the volume up as you will have audio coming from both tasks at the same time.